Subject: Support for an ambitious Energy Taxation Directive (ETD) - Letter and Meeting request
From: Inès Hamila <[email-masked]>
To: "Info - RAM" <[email-masked]>, "info - MKM" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Flaminia Tacconi" <[email-masked]>,Raphaël De Wael <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2025 14:41:31 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister for Finance Ligi,

Dear Minister for Economic Affairs and Industry Keldo,

Dear Ambassador Sillaste-Elling,

On behalf of BLOOM Association, Seas At Risk, Transport & Environment, and
the Blue Marine Foundation, we urge Estonia to support an ambitious
revision of the Energy Taxation Directive (ETD) in line with the European
Green Deal and the scientific consensus on climate action.

Please find attached our joint letter addressed to the representation of
Estonia in the Council.

Our organizations actively work on the elimination of fossil fuel
subsidies in fisheries, maritime transport and aviation, and we have
closely followed the revision of the Energy Taxation Directive (‘ETD’)
(2021/0213) since 2021.

We regret the various positions of the Council adopted throughout the
years which lead to the weakening of the initial proposal of the
Commission. You can count on our full support and experience if you steer
towards achieving the objectives highlighted in the attached letter.

We believe a meeting with your administration would provide valuable
insight to support a more ambitious revision of the ETD, one that stays
the course of the Green Deal and maintains competitiveness.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We remain at your disposal to
coordinate the practical details of a meeting.

Best regards,

On behalf of BLOOM Association, Seas At Risk, T&E , and the Blue Marine
Foundation

Inès Hamila

Policy Assistant - Brussels

BLOOM | Against the destruction of the ocean, the climate, and livelihoods

Paris – Brussels – Hong Kong

 <http://www.bloomassociation.org> www.bloomassociation.org |
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]